Business Property Insurance
Protection for Your Commercial Property
Most standard Business Property Insurance policies comes with the following coverages for:
- buildings, including additions under construction, permanently installed machinery and building glass
- business personal property
- leased business personal property used in your business
- property of others left in your care for which you are legally liable
- sales samples
Your business personal property does not stay in one place and neither does your coverage. A Business Property Insurance policy covers your business personal property while in transit, at trade shows, or temporarily at locations you don’t own or lease.
After a covered loss, your policy may pay for the extra costs of:
- removing debris of covered property from your premises
- cleaning up pollutants from land and water on your premises
- taking inventory and preparing claims statements
- securing appraisals
- recharging fire extinguishers
A property loss can slow down or even stop your operation until repairs are made – and that may mean lost income. A Business Property Insurance policy can provide you with several business income coverages that can reimburse your loss of income and necessary extra expenses to keep your business operating after a covered loss.
Options to Suit Your Needs
- Ordinance or Law Coverage – provides coverage for the necessary demolition of the undamaged portion of your building and subsequent upgrades to meet current building codes after a covered loss.
- Inflation guard coverage – provides coverage for inflationary increases in your building and business personal property values. The limit of insurance on your policy automatically increases at the annual percentage rate you choose.
- Equipment breakdown coverage– provides coverage for loss resulting from the sudden and accidental breakdown of machinery and equipment used in your business.
- Utility services – provides coverage when a covered loss to a power, communication or water utility interrupts service to your premises, which then causes a covered loss to your building, business personal property or loss of income.
Protect Against Liabilities
We will provide a risks assessment, custom build a Business Property Insurance program that meets your needs, and shop the companies to get the best value for you. Give us a call, request an email quote, or visit us to get the best insurance protection and services for your business.
Britannia Insurance Group serves families and business owners in Northern Virginia for all their insurance needs. Our mission is to educate consumers about insurance products and how they work. We go to work for you by doing a thorough analysis of your unique situation and needs before recommending solutions. We evaluate carefully all the insurance carriers we represent and find ones that fit your needs based on the coverage they offer as well as the price.
Do I need an insurance agent now that I can do it myself using the internet?
Living in the technology age has changed the way we all live our lives. Industries are being created and others are being rendered a thing of the past, Insurance is involved in all of those changes while it undergoes changes of its own. Insurance is a contract between a company who guarantees compensation for specified loss, damage, illness or death in return for payment of a premium. Some insurance policies are mandatory like car insurance while other types are voluntary like life insurance. To navigate through the choices and decisions involved you can choose to do-it-yourself or hire the services of a professional. I am all for taking on certain D-I-Y projects like cutting your own grass or hanging ceiling fans but hiring a professional insurance agent is one choice I highly recommend.
Why should I hire an Independent Insurance Agent?
Once you decide to hire a professional insurance agent, the next decision is whether to go with a Captive agent or an Independent one. Captive agents represent one insurance company and all the products that they offer. The Independent agent represents multiple insurance carriers and can shop around with those carriers as they compete with each other for clients. There are great insurance agents in both categories and choosing one is a personal preference. The biggest difference is when the policy has been in place for a couple of renewals and the premium starts increasing. An independent agent can shop around for you with other carriers if your rates start increasing by too much and the relationship can remain in place. Captive agents do not control rate changes that happen from their companies and so do not have this option. Building strong relationships with our clients is what sets Britannia Insurance Group apart from our competition.
Why Britannia Insurance Group?
- Inquiry – We pride ourselves on asking great questions and the more information we collect means the better advice we can give you.
- Integrity – Doing our best for every client by being honest and transparent during the process of working together.
- Dedication – Educating clients about the insurance coverage they need and coverage options they can choose from to customize policies that fit their unique needs.
- Philanthropy – Giving back to our community is an essential part of who we are. By giving back to the community through volunteering and donating part of the company profits we strive to do our part in building stronger communities.
Britannia Insurance Group is a full-service insurance agency providing Commercial Insurance and Personal Insurance services to Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. Call, request a quote by email, or visit us at our office today for a free, no obligation risk assessment and quote. Let us do the research and find the best value for the Business Property Insurance you need.
Insurance for Different Business Types
On the right sidebar of this page, we have include links to a number of business insurance resources. Click on any of the different business types to learn more about the insurance coverages for that type of business. Please call one of our commercial insurance agents at Britannia Insurance Group for any assistance.